Congratulations to the winners of the Fourth Annual Plutus Awards!
In several hours, the Plutus Awards ceremony will be live from St. Louis, Missouri and the Financial Blogger Conference. During the live awards ceremony hosted by Kevin McKee of Reward Boost and Thousandaire, special guests will present winners of the blog categories of the Plutus Awards. The winners will also be announced live online.
The Plutus Awards blogger panel is announcing the winners of the product categories here, prior to the awards ceremony. All finalists, but particularly the winners, have created the best products and services in the realm of personal finance. Congratulations to the companies and the employees of those companies honored here today.
The winners of these categories reflect the opinions of the personal finance blogging community. All personal finance bloggers were asked to share their opinions about the favorite banks and services, in order to determine the companies and products that most reflect the concepts that are important to this community of experts. Winning the Plutus Awards is an honor that is reserved for companies that offer the most community-friendly services and are working to make the world a better place from a financial perspective.
Companies that would like to share their selection as a winner for the Fourth Annual Plutus Awards may do so by proudly displaying this badge.
For press and media inquiries regarding the Third Annual Plutus Awards, contact Luke Landes, founder of Consumerism Commentary, at email@example.com.
Congratulations to all of this year’s winners! Continue reading to see the results.
The finalists and winners
Best Savings or Money Market Account
Best Checking or Transaction Account
Best Banking Website
Best Overall Bank
- Winner: capitalone360.com
- Finalists: Alliant Credit Union, Ally Bank, American Express Personal Savings, USAA
Best Discount Brokerage
Best Credit Card Offer
- Winner: Chase Freedom
- Finalists: American Express Blue Cash Preferred, American Express Starwood, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover It
Best Personal Finance Software – Desktop or Web
Best Personal Finance Software – Mobile
Best Money-Saving Tool or Application
Best Peer-to-Peer or Social Lending Service
Best Fundraising Platform
Best New Personal Finance Book
- Winner: Soldier of Finance, by Jeff Rose
- Finalists: Debt Heroes, by Ben Edwards and Jeff Rose, Managing Your Monthly Nut, by Crystal Stemberger, More Money For Beer and Textbooks, by Justin Bouchard and Kyle Prevost, Pocket Your Dollars, by Carrie Rocha
Best Use of Social Media
- Winner: ReadyForZero Blog
- Finalists: Bankrate Blogs, H&R Block “Block Talk”, FatWallet Blog, Mint “MintLife”
Congratulations to all finalists and winners of this year’s Product Plutus Awards! Stay tuned; we will announce the winners of the blogging categories later tonight.