We’ve been working on a timeline for the 7th Annual Plutus Awards (public nominations open July 1, 2016).
We’re excited to announce, however, that we are now accepting applications to join the Plutus Awards Blogger Panel. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved and influence the direction we take with these community-driven awards.
This year, we are adding a new component: as a member of the Blogger Panel, you will help us determine the awards categories. We want to have these categories set before nominations open on July 1, so you will be expected to participate in the coming weeks to help us finalize categories.
Here are some of the duties you will be involved in this year if you choose to join us:
- Help determine awards categories for this year. We aim for 25 – 30 categories for the Plutus Awards. As much as we would like to have a category for everything, that’s not practical. Help us determine categories to recognize as large a swath of the personal-finance online community as possible.
- Encourage bloggers and the public to participating in the nominating and voting processes. The more entries and votes we have, the more representative we can be. We rely on you to get out there and help us evangelize the Plutus Awards and encourage participation.
- Help narrow down finalists for each category. You will help us determine finalists in each category. We rely on the expertise within the Blogger Panel to determine the finalists beyond the nomination tally within each category. Blogger Panel participants will help break ties to get into the top five (or ten for Blog of the Year), and will help increase the number and diversity of finalists.
- Vote for the final winners in each category: After finalists are set and announced, you will vote for the winners, except People’s Choice. Winners will be determined according to the number of votes from panel members.
- Keep interest going for People’s Choice. People’s Choice voting is by strict popular vote. Help us keep interest going up until voting ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern on September 23, 2016.
As the Plutus Awards becomes bigger and better, we rely on you to help us make this a great community-building event.
We will accept applications from April 21, 2016 until May 13, 2016. Panel members will be announced on May 16, and you will begin fulfilling your duties on May 18.
Please fill out the application below, and help us make this the best Plutus Awards yet!
***We need partners to help us make this show great***
Interested in reaching hundreds of online influencers in the financial space? Find out more about how you can partner with the Plutus Awards. We can’t keep putting on an event like the Plutus Awards without the help of partners like State Farm and Fidelity — and YOU.